Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Paint tubes in class

Charcoal sketch of acrylic paint which belonged to one of my students I worked with this summer.
I was a TA (Teacher's Assistant) from the 3rd to the 14th of this month for Reade Bryan at Parsons, who taught the Junior Painting and Drawing class for high school students and who is also a Fine Artist. It was a great experience especially since it was my first time as a full time teacher's assistant and because I'd love to be an art teacher when I get out of college. It felt so good to go from table to table, easel to easel, giving tips/advice to a big group of thirteen and fourteen year olds. Over all, I'm going to continue to pursue my dream of being a teacher BUT I definitely know that the age group I spent those two weeks with is NOT the age group for me! LOL
-Nicole :)

No comments: